1) “Saturday Night Live,” 11:29 p.m., NBC. Lizzo (shown here in a different show) doubles as host and music guest, in the final rerun, before next week’s season-opener. For this season, she and Billie Eilish were the only hosts to also do the music; coming up, however, Megan Thee Stallion will do both on Oct. 15. Miles Teller opens the season, with music from Kendrick Lamar; Brendan Gleeson is Oct. 8, with Willow.
2) “Quantum Leap,” 8 p,.m., NBC. If you missed Monday’s opener – a good one – here’s a second chance. Ben (Raymond Lee) is a physicist who has tinkered with the high-tech device that Sam used in the original series. Now it flings him into the past … and into someone else’s body. A co-worker (who’s his fiance) appears by hologram, but he doesn’t remember her … or himself. The result puts him inside a solidly crafted drama.
3) “FBI,” 8 p.m., CBS. In a rerun, the office of an anti-gun lobbyist has been bombed; an extremist group is suspected. That’s followed at 9 by an “FBI International” rerun: When a billionaire’s son dies of an overdose in Germany, two ambassadors urge an investigation.
4) Football. College games fill prime time on half of the big-four networks – Ohio State (ranked No. 3) hosts Wisconsin at 7:30 p.m. ET on ABC; Oklahoma (No. 6) hosts Kansas State at 8 on Fox. Prefer a closer match-up? Wake Forest (No. 21) hosts Clemson (No. 5) at noon on ABC; Tennessee (No. 11) hosts Florida (No. 20) at 3:30 on CBS.
5) “The Godfather” (1972), 7-10 p.m., Showtime. Here’s one of the all-time great movies – surrounded by the first two episodes of “American Gigolo,” at 5 and 6 p.m. and at 10 and 11. If you prefer something family-friendly, Freeform has two animated gems – “Beauty and the Beast” (1991) at 6:20 p.m. and “Frozen” (2013) at 8:25.