1) “Billboard Music Awards,” 8-11 p.m., NBC. Taylor Swift opens the night by premiering “Me!” She’s joined by Brandon Urie, whose group (Panic! At the Disco) also performs. This night – which has way too many exclamation marks! — has Halsey alone and with BTS (shown here at last year’s event). Other combos include Madonna and Maluma, Tori Kelly with Dan + Shay. Also performing are Kelly Clarkson (who hosts), Mariah Carey (who gets the Icon Award), Paula Abdul, the Jonas Brothers, Ciara, Khalid and Lauren Daigle.
2) “Modern Family,” 9 p.m., ABC. After a couple weeks of reruns, the show still has two new episodes in its second-to-last season. This one is on graduation day, with Cam in charge, Jay as the speaker and Claire running into an old high school rival.
3) All night, FX. “Get Out,” at 7:30 p.m., is an acclaimed horror film with touches of satire. Jordan Peele won an Oscar for his script and was nominated for best director; other nominaions were for best movie and best actor (Daniel Kaluuya). That leads into a sometimes-hilarious “What We Do In the Shadows,” with the Baron waking and insisting on partying like a human. That’s at 10 p.m., rerunning at 11 and 2. Last week’s “Shadows” reruns at 10:30 and “Get Out” reruns at 11:30.
4) “Liberation Heroes,” 7 p.m., Discovery. On the eve of Holocaust Remembrance Day, this film views some of the soldiers who helped free people from death camps. That includes Virgil Westdale, who was trained as a pilot … until the military decided people with Japanese roots wouldn’t be allowed to fly. Last year, on his 100th birthday, he met one of the people he’d liberated … and he was finally given his Army Air Corps Wings.
5) “Empire,” 8 p.m., Fox. Last week’s wedding did take place despite all the hurdles. The federal attorney failed to intimidate Lucious, but now she tries Cookie. Meanwhile, there’s an effort to save the record label by having a concert with Sevyn Streeter and Ty Dollar Sign.