1) “Council of Dads” return, 10 p.m., NBC. After a grim prognosis, a man asked three friends to help raise his three kids if he died; he did. That was in the opener, which followed the “This Is Us” season-finale. Now that episode reruns at 9:02 p.m., leading to the second one, another good one. One “dad” tries too hard, another doesn’t try hard enough, the third feels guilty. Also, the eldest daughter has married and plans to move to New York City. Stick around; there’s a sharp plot twist at the end of the hour.
2) “Parks and Recreation Reunion,” 8:30 p.m. NBC. The entire cast returns for a social-distance episode, done entirely in separage on-screen boxes. The result is clever and fun. It triggers late changes in the NBC line-up: “Council of Dads,” originally set for 8 and 9 p.m., will now be at 9:02 and 10; “Blindspot,”originally set to open its season at 10, will be delayed.
3) “Better Things” season-finale, 10 p.m., FX. This wonderfully odd show is full of strange bits, many of them unrelated and some of them great. There’s a brilliant monolog by writer-director-star Pamela Adlon. There are cheery scenes related to a ballgame and serious ones related to last week’s episode, when she reluctantly invited her ex-husband to dinner. It’s a strong finish to a good season.
4) “Young Sheldon” season-finale, 8 p.m., CBS. Last week ended with Georgie in charge of Dale’s store; the money was soon stolen and Dale (Craig T. Nelson) was furious. Now Meemaw – Georgie’s grandmother, Dale’s girlfriend – fumes. In a bigger story, Sheldon tries to convince his parents to let him skip the rest of high school and go straight to Cal Tech.
5) “Last Man Standing” season-finale, 8 p.m., Fox. Eve is home from the Air Force Academy, leading to a revival of a family custom – pancakes with her mom and sisters. This time, both sisters are pregnant, one of them at nine months; what could go wrong? It’s an OK finish, but the show will stick around for reruns; at 8:31, Mandy frets that her husband will flunk his first college examnight’s line-up.