1) “Call Your Mother” debut, 9:30 p.m., ABC. Jean (Kyra Sedgwick, shown here) is an empty-nester with an empty life. “I haven’t had sex in four years,” she confides. “And it was four years before that. It should be an Olympic sport.” Now she tries to stir up her life: She’ll to California and insert herself into the worlds of her son and daughter. This is from writer-producer Kari Lizer, a decade after her “New Adventures of Old Christine” concluded. Sherri Shepherd plays Jean’s phone friend.
2) “The Goldbergs,” 8 p.m., ABC. Two obsessive souls combine, when Adam helps his mom plan a murder-mystery party for the family. And his older siblings? Pressured to declare a major, Erica wants to choose pre-med, but she confronts Barry’s cockiness.
3) “The Masked Dancer,” 8 p.m., Fox. Bill Nye, the science guy, hasn’t been much of a dance guy. Back in 2013, he was injured and became the second person ousted from “Dancing With the Stars”; and last week, he was the first person ousted here from Group B. Now we’re back to Group A, where Ice-T – the rapper turned actor — was the firs person ousted.
4) “Nova,” 9 p.m., PBS. For many people, home DNA tests might be a light lark; occasionally, however, they’re life-changing. One woman didn’t know she had a half-sister; now they’re close friends. Another finally learned why she doesn’t resemble her father. After taking the test, one decided to have what she considers life-saving surgery. Another found that her DNA was vital in solving a 31-year-old murder mystery. This documentary is poorly written and narrated, but has fascinating stories.
5) “S.W.A.T.,” 10 p.m., CBS. The team scrambles to find a sniper who sets fires, then shoots at the firefighters. Also, Street faces complications everywhere. His relationship with Molly is damaged by his history with his imprisoned mom; also, his rivalry with Chris and Tan heats up, amid a betting pool.