1) “Hotel Portofino” season-finale, 8 p.m., PBS. In 1920s Italy, Bella’s gorgeous little hotel caters to her fellow Englishfolk. Problems include a corrupt Fascist official and her scheming husband, who is learning about her far-away love. Now come key questions: Who stole the painting Cecil took from his family’s estate? Will his son Lucian choose the bland socialite or the sweet nanny (shown here)? What happens to Lucian’s closeted friend? There’s a lot here, some of it satisfying.
2) Shark overload. As “Shark Fest” wraps up its second week on National Geographic (with more to come), it pauses at 6 p.m. for a “Wicked Tuna” surge. Not to worry, “Shark Week” starts on Discovery. It has reruns all day, then new hours at 7 and 8 p.m. (great whites), 9 (a “Jackass” shark special) and 10. The week is hosted by Duane “The Rock” Johnson, who grew up in Hawaii, with a fondness for sharks via his mother’s Polynesian culture.
3) “Who Do You Think You Are?” 7 p.m., NBC. Allison Janney was hoping she had a relative on the Mayflower; as it turns out, she even topped that. Janney – the “Mom” and “West Wing” star who won an Oscar for playing Tonya Harding’s mother – travels to Jamaica, the original Jamestown and beyond. We won’t spoil the surprises, but it’s a fascinating tale of near-death (often) and survival.
4) “World Athletic Games,” 9-11 p.m., NBC. This massive track-and-field event – involving 192 nations – concludes. That’s in a big sports week that’s been dominated by baseball’s All-Star Game and the Espy awards. Baseball wraps its week at 7 p.m. ET, with the Padres at the Mets.
5) ALSO: Two Showtime series conclude today. It’s “We Hunt Together” at 8 p.m. and the “Supreme Team” documentary at 10, surrounding a new “The Chi” at 9. There are new episodes of another documentary (“The Anarchists,” 10 p.m., HBO) and several dramas — “Animal Kingdom” (9 p.m., TNT), “Westworld” (9 p.m., HBO), “P-Valley” (10 p.m., Starz) and “Grantchester” and “Cobra Cyberwar” (9 and 10 p.m., PBS).