1) “The Great Giveback,” 9 p.m., HGTV. Melissa McCarthy seems to have lots of cousins, all of them taller than her. One is Jenny McCarthy, the actress and ex-Playmate; another is actress Jenna Perusich. Last year on “Celebrity IOU,” Melissa helped do a fix-up that Perusich designed for her dad (a retired Chicago cop) and mom. Now the two cousins (shown here) have their own show; tonight, they create a special room for a kindly pianist.
2) “Bob (Hearts) Abishola,” 8:30 p.m., CBS. This summer, we can catch the former “Mike & Molly” mates back-to-back. Before watching McCarthy do fix-up, try Billy Gardell’s show, which happens to be the best comedy on broadcast TV. In this rerun, Bob (Gardell) and his wife help a young woman who was rejected by her Nigerian family when she came out as a lesbian.
3) “Air Jaws: Top Guns,” 8 p.m., Discovery, rerunning at midnight. For two decades, viewers have savored remarkable views of sharks that propel themselves out of the water, then descend on their prey. Previous examples are at 7 a.m. and 2 p.m.; at 8, the 14th one debuts. That’s on the second day of “Shark Week,” followed by scary stuff – a Christmas Eve attack (9 p.m.), giant hammerheads (10) and Australian predators (11).
4) “Running Wild With Bear Grylls,” 9 p.m., National Geographic. This channel continues its “Shark Fest,” including reruns with Gordon Ramsay and Chris Hemsworth, at 6 and 7 p.m. But at night, it switches; new hours feature chefs – Gordon Ramsay in England at 8 p.m., Big Moe Cason in South Carolina at 10. In between, Natalie Portman – now a superhero, via Thor films – tries Utah’s canyons with Gryll.
5) ALSO: HBO has the season-finale of “Irma Vep” at 9 p.m. and the series finale of “Mind Over Murder” at 10. Also, Turner Classic Movies has a non-classic at 8 ET: “Breakin’” (1984) has a slim budget and slimmer plot, but great break-dancing and appealing newcomer Lucinda Dickey. She starred in one more movie (yes, “Breakin’ 2”), was retired by 30 and married the guy who produces “Dirty Jobs.” They later bought a ranch in her native Kansas.