1) “Secret Celebrity Renovation” season-opener, 8 p.m., CBS. Here’s the opener that was scheduled for last week, then nudged back. It offers two familiar star: Billy Gardell of “Bob (Hearts) Abishola” does a project for a friend’s mother(shown here). Rob Mariano (Boston Rob of “Survivor” fame) did a project for his parents last season; now he joins the show as a contractor.
2) “Jaws” (1975) and more, 8 p.m., AMC. What, we weren’t getting enough sharks? Discovery’s “Shark Week” has shows all day, including new ones from 7 p.m. to midnight; National Geographic’s “Shark Fest” is in its third week week, with shows today from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Into these crowded waters comes the Steven Spielberg classic that started it all, with its sequels at 11 p.m. and 1:30 a.m.
3) “Magnum P.I.,” 9 p.m., CBS. After being bumped last week, this is back to its regular spot. (It has reruns on CBS this summer, then gets a short, 10-episode run on NBC at mid-season.) Tonight, Magnum is tracking a woman who jumped bail. When he finds the body of the previous detective working the case, he realizes this is serious. Also, T.C. and Katsumoto search for Cade’s mother.
4) “Uncoupled,” Netflix. Two dependable names combine: Neil Patrick Harris has gone from Doogie to “How I Met Your Mother”; Darren Star has created “Melrose,” “Sex and the City” and many more. Now they have Harris dumped by the guy he’d planned to spend his life with. Also this week, Netflix launched two mini-series – the documentary “The Most Hated Man on the Internet” (about “revenge porn”) and the adventure “Keep Breathing.”
5) More streaming. It’s tough to perpetuate a lie, if you say you’re somewhere exotic, and then a tragedy happens there. That’s in Hulu’s “Not Okay.” Also today: Amazon Prime’s “Paper Girls” (time-traveling teens) … Peacock’s “The Resort” (comedy-drama) … Apple TV+’s “Surface” (thriller). Earier this week, Disney launched a “High School Musical (etc.)” season; HBO Max opened a “Harley Quinn” season and a “Pretty Little Liars” reboot.