1) “The Hammer,” 8-10 p.m., Lifetime. Here’s a surprise – a Lifetime movie that deftly juggles humor, mystery and a great character. She’s a circuit judge, quick with her gavel and her voice; she’s also a fictionalized version of a real judge who covers sprawling stretches of Nevada. Reba McEntire (shown here) plays her zestfully, with strong support from Melissa Peterman as her sister and Kay Shioma Metchie as her bailiff. Let’s hope for more “Hammer” movies or a series.
2) “Ready Player One” (2018) and “Jurassic World” (2015), 5 and 8 p.m., TBS. Steven Spielberg has been making great movies for a half-century. Last year, it was the gorgeous “West Side Story”; now “The Fabelmans” is on the 10-best lists of the American Film Institute and National Board of Review. “Ready Player One” drew less attention, but it’s a vibrant, high-tech tale. It’s followed by “Jurassic World,” which Spielberg produced, but didn’t direct.
3) More movies. You can catch some film series today – two clever “Wreck-It Ralph” cartoons at 7:15 and 9:20 p.m. on Freeform, or three “Iron Man” ones at 4:30, 7:30 and 10 p.m. on FX. Also, HBO has a stretch of 2022 movies. “The Menu” (8 p.m.) and “The Banshees of Inisherin” (9:50) drew raves from critics; “Amsterdam” (5:45) didn’t.
4) “CSI: Vegas,” 8 and 9 p.m., CBS. The first rerun is the season-opener, with Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) rejoining the team, in time to probe the death of a dominatrix. Willows isn’t in the second rerun, which involves a prestigious chef who was hanged in his walk-in freezer.
5) ALSO: This is the final weekend of the regular pro-football season. Most games are on Sunday, but two – with play-off spots at stake – will be 4:30 and 8 p.m. ET today on ABC and ESPN. And NBC reruns a pair of “Password” hours; Jimmy Fallon battles Chelsea Handler at 8 p.m. and Tony Hale at 9.