1) “Pose” season-opener, 10 p.m., FX. The first season was set in 1987, with New York’s “ball culture” in its own bubble of flash and sass. But now we jump to 1990, with powerful forces building: There’s the devastation caused by AIDS … the rage of the Act Now protests (shown here) … and the pop-culture impact of Madonna’s “Vogue.” Bianca is convinced the song will bring success to the ball world. Bursting with optimism, she nudges Angel. It’s a passionate episode, beautifully directed and played.
2) “The Bold Type” season-finale, 8 p.m., Freeform. Now we jump ahead to modern New York, where three young women at a magazine are bursting with possibilities. Kat adjusts to her narrow loss in the city council campaign … Sutton prepares her fashion mini-show … and Jane eyes a double-shock – her expose about an abusive designer, plus her boyfriend’s confession about a drunken kiss. That last part feels like a plot contrivance, but the rest works well … leading into a season-ending jolt.
3) The Bachelorette,” 8-10:01 p.m., ABC. Nudged a day later than usual (to make room for basketball), this finds Hannah Brown taking the guys to Scotland. Clad in kilts, they have a variation on the Highland Games. And a party, ABC says, mixes serious conversations with “sexy make-out sessions.”
4) “9-1-1,” 8 and 9 p.m., Fox. In the first rerun, we see the back story of Bobby (Peter Krause), as he moves to Los Angeles after a family tragedy. In the second, Maddie (Jennifer Love Hewitt) ponders her future at the call center; also, a tragedy hits the precinct.
5) “Press Your Luck,” 10:01 p.m., ABC. In a late change, ABC is giving this game-show reboot (hosted by Elizabeth Banks) a head start. After tonight, it takes its regular spot — 8 p.m.Wednesdays, leading off a game night that reboots “Card Sharks” and then opens the “Match Game” season.
You may also like
Best-bets for March 30: CBS’ shows return; ABC’s leaves
Best-bets for March 29: Archie time-treks,Ted prospers
Best-bets for March 28: tough times in Brooklyn and Gotham
Best-bets for March 27: “Bachelor” and “Eye” conclude; Pink sings
Best-bets for March 26: “Succession” leads a surge of great drama