1) Country Music Association Awards, 8-11 p.m., ABC. A big night for country women has an opener with Carrie Underwood (the host, shown here), Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire (“guest hosts”), Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Sara Evans, Gretchen Wilson, Tanya Tucker and more. Some will return for solos … and yes, there will also be guys: Blake Shelton sings alone and with Garth Brooks; also, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, Chris Stapleton and more, including Brooks and Dunn with the Brothers Osborne.
2) “The Preppy Murder: Death in Central Park” opener, 9-11 p.m., Sundance and AMC. J4ennifer Levin was 18, described as “bubbly,” “starry-eyed” and “very social”; Robert Chambers was 19, tall (6-foot-) and handsome, with a spotty record in prep schools and college. In 1986, her body was found in Central Park; he claimed “rough sex” had gone bad. The case put a fresh focus on class and gender bias. Over the next three nights, this five-hour documentary series relates it with diligent (and, often, gripping) detail.
3) “Almost Family,” 9:01 p.m., Fox. One of the season’s best new shows, this was bumped for three straight weeks – two by the World Series and one by a double “Masked Singer.” Now it’s back, with more trouble for Julia, whose dad (a fertility doctor) secretly used his own sperm, giving her unknown half-sibling. Tonight, one of them (a tough lawyer) is unsure about her marriage and her sexuality; another (a former star gymnast) fights with her parents and focuses on her protege.
4) “Masked Singer” (Fox) or “Survivor” (CBS), both 8 p.m. Last week it was two hours of “Masked” facing one of “Survivor.” (In the process, Raven-Symone and Sherri Shepherd were unmasked; Jack Nichting quit surviving.) Now it’s the other way, with a two-hour survivor bumping “SEAL Team.”
5) “The Big Interview,” 8 p.m. ET, AXS. Bob Costas is one of the all-time greats, as a sportscaster and an interviewer. Now Costas, 67, is interviewed by Dan Rather, 88. He talks about his love of baseball and his departure from NBC, which rejected his proposal to do journalism and long-form interviews.