1) “Empire,” 9 p.m., Fox. When Tracy was killed last week, it set off aftershocks. Cookie, who shot her in self-defense, keeps flashing back to a long-ago murder she committed. Her son Andre’s condition is getting worse, as he imagines that he sees – and is controlled by – Tracy’s late son Jeff Kingsley. As usual, “Empire” mixes soap-opera excess with great music. Now it’s Kiandra Richardson (shown here) as the immensely talented Yana, reminding us that this overwrought show is still about music-makers.
2) “The Resident,” 8 p.m., Fox. Things should be joyous, after two proposals last week. The engagement of Conrad and Jessica is secret; the one of Irving Feldman and Jessica Moore is extremely non-secret. Now, however, crises intervene – a baby born with its heart outside its chest … an intimidated patient … a drag star who collapses … Devon’s romance with a princess. This is a tough, involving hour, partly salvaged by a vibrant Dolly Parton song.
3) “The Bachelor,” 8-10 p.m., ABC. It used to suffice to have a two-hour finale, but this tangled round needs twice as much. On Monday, the first half saw Peter Weber, 28, in Australia with Victoria Fuller and Madison Prewett, both 23, plus his family. Now we may see (and maybe even understand) his decision to choose one of them or no one or whatever.
4) “This Is Us” and “New Amsterdam.” 9 and 10 p.m., NBC. After being bumped by “Super Tuesday” last week, NBC’s top dramas return … colliding with more election coverage today on the news channels. “This Is Us” – with just three episodes left this season – has the family visit New York. “New Amsterdam” sees Max and others huddle, as the possibility of a big lawsuit looms.
5) “If Loving You is Wrong” season-opener, 10 p.m., Oprah Winfrey Network. The sixth and final season of Tyler Perry’s soap begins, almost a year after the fifth ended. This started with five women who were friends and neighbors. They haven’t been as friendly since Alex’s affair with Marcie’s husband Randall. But now no one is sure who is the father of Alex’s baby. Ian insisted he slept with Alex … when her name was Jennifer; she didn’t seem to remember the name or the encounter.