1) “CSI: Vegas” debut, 10 p.m., CBS. Six years after “CSI” ended – and 21 years after it began – it’s back. There’s a new name, a new lab and a new set of regulars. Still, the others are also there: We see Brass in the first scenes, Grissom in the final seconds. Sidle (shown here, second from left) is busy; Hodges will be key in the weeks ahead. The newcomers are fairly interesting, with the always-great Mel Rodriguez as the chief medical examiner. They solve a case-of-the-week way too easily, leaving more time for a tangled, ongoing case.
2) “Riverdale” season-finale, 8 p.m., CW. It’s been a rough year for a town that seems so sweet in the comics. Things started mid-riot, then got complicated. Now an incident at the Pop’s diner forces a difficult decision about Riverdale’s future. (The show’s future is solid; a new season starts Nov. 16.) At 9 p.m., “In the Dark” ends its season, with Murphy learning what happened to Jess.
3) “The Wonder Years,” 8:30 p.m., ABC. In the basement, Dean finds a cache of magazines with naked women. This can be a big deal for a 12-year-old … and, in 1968, for his parents. But some neat plot twists may surprise you, in a story that is mostly light drama, with a tad of comedy.
4) Baseball, 8:10 p.m., TBS. Here’s the one-game, one-or-done battle for the wild-card spot in the National League play-offs. The Los Angeles Dodgers host the St. Louis Cardinals … with a reminder that life isn’t always fair. The Dodgers won 106 games this year, the second-most in major-league baseball. But they were in the same division as the San Fancisco Giants, with 107. Now they must scramble for a spot in a line-up that already includes the Atlanta Braves, with 88 wins.
5) “Among the Stars,” any time, Disney+. Chris Cassidy seems to like his work as an astronaut. “Pushing the boundaries is what people do” he says. “And we get to do it in space.” Once a high school quarterback in Maine, he became the 500th human in space. This diligent, six-part documentary follows him, starting with a 2013 crisis. That’s in a busy day for Disney+, with two season-finales (“Turner & Hooch,” “What If?”) and a new episode of the amiable “Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.”