1) “Saturday Night Live,” 11:29 p.m., NBC. Billie Eilish (shown here in a previous performance) is both the host and music guest in this rerun. She was one of only two people to do double duty this season; the other was Lizzo. (Some people who had hosted previously — Halsey, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry — were just music guests; Selena Gomez, who sings, was just hosting.) Eilish may seem shy or withdrawn at times, but not here; she was excellent as host, in sketches and, of course, with her music.
2) “Elvis” (2022), 8 p.m., HBO. Three potent forces – Baz Luhrmann, Tom Hanks and the music Elvis Presley – combine for a thoroughly entertaining film. We’ll fault Luhrmann for overemphasizing two things – “Colonel” Tom Parker and Elvis’ groin – and exaggerating some things. Still, he’s a gifted director with a great story to tell. Austin Butler stars, giving us a glittery, jittery piece of rock history.
3) “Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert,” 10 p.m., CBS; or all day (from 11:30 a.m., ET), Paramount+. Hawkins – once named the best rock drummer by Rhythm magazine, was with the Foo Fighters for 24 years. He died March 25, at 50; now stars link for a charity mega-concert, with Foo Fighters, Travis Barker, Wolfgang Van Halen, Kesha, Chrissie Hynde, Stewart Copeland, Mark Ronson, Nile Rodgers, and more, including Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock.
4) Football. Some teams started early, but today is still important – the first full Saturday of the college season. ABC leads with an impressive triple-header: At noon, Michigan (ranked No. 8 in a pre-season poll) hosts Colorado State. At 3:30, Georgia (No. 3) hosts Oregon (No. 11). And at 7:30 is the big one – Ohio State (No. 2) hosting Notre Dame (No. 5).
5) “America’s Got Talent,” 8-10 p.m., NBC. Over the next two nights, we can get caught up. Tonight reruns the third batch of 11 semi-finalists, going for two spots; Sunday reruns the fourth. The fifth will debut Tuesday, wrapping up the top 10 for the show’s Sept. 12 finale.