1) ”Snowfall” season-finale, 10 p.m., FX, rerunning at 11:11, 12:22, 1:33. “There might be a problem,” one character says, late in this high-octane episode. You think? By that point, there are huge problems for everyone. For just a moment, things seemed fine: After splitting from Teddy, Franklin (shown here in a previous episode) was in love, in real estate and maybe leaving the drug world. Then came crescendos of deceit, rage and violence. Intense and powerfully acted, this sends the show in fresh directions next season.
2) Earth Day films. Two days before the actual day, TV is paying attention. PBS has back-to-back specials – “Changing Planet,” at 8 p.m., launches conservationist M. Sanjayan’s seven-year project to trace changes in six key places; “Earth Emergency” is at 10. Also, Paramount+ has opened an” Earth Through Different Lenses” carousel, including “Wasteland” and “Bring Your Own Brigade.” And on Friday, Disney+ will launch three ambitious films, including “Polar Bear,” from the skilled DisneyNature people.
3) “Freddie Mercury: The Final Act,” 8-10 p.m., CW. Fans of the terrific “Bohemian Rhapsody” movie can now see what happened next. After Freddie Mercury died of AIDS, rockers organized a mega-concert on April 20, 1992, at Wembley Stadium in London. On the 30th anniversary, this documentary shows performances by Elton John, George Michael, David Bowie, Annie Lennox and more, plus interviews, including Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen.
4) “The Masked Singer,” 8 p.m., Fox. So far, Firefly and Ringmaster have been elevated to the finals. That leaves only one spot open; five people are going for it, one of them controversial: Unless Fox has found a way to re-do it, this is the episode in which (according to advance leaks) Rudy Giuliani is unmasked, with at least one judge walking off in protest.
5) “Chicago Fire,” 9 p.m., NBC. When a jet engine falls from the sky, that’s just the start of the problems. It sets off a fire … and one of the firefighters is accused of stealing. That’s followed by “Chicago P.D.,” with the team suspecting there’s more to the murder of a rich man than was first assumed.